Monday, February 10, 2014

Thing 8 Social Media and Management tools

I have been a Facebook stalker for years.  I have followed my family and friends and their events so that I can keep up with their lives.  Since I have no interest in tweeting or any other Social Media, I decided to dig deeper into Facebook.  Another reason I decided to stay with Facebook is that it is the tool that all of my family uses to share pictures, ideas and fun stuff, or sometimes, not so fun stuff.

I like the idea that I can message people privately and get information about family that I need to know, but want to keep private. For instance, when my mom passed away, and I was the administrator for her estate, I needed to find long, lost relatives for probate purposes.  I found them on Facebook and was able to contact them and get the information they needed at the time.

A few years back when my son and his wife were out of the country, the only means of communication was Facebook.

So after looking at the video clip, and checking out all the options, I learned a few things that I didn't know how to do before, one being attaching the emoticons.  The upgraded Facebook makes it easier to make updates to my account, instant message, and get help in a more user friendly manner.  I also like the idea that I can post my own pictures easily and readily.

Thanks, Facebook for keeping me in the loop.

And, here we go to Thing # 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment